Keto Stuffed Chicken Recipe
1 1/3 cup broccoli florets, chopped small
1/4 cup of red bell pepper, finely chopped
1/3 cup of shredded cheese of your choice
3-4 tbsp of light cream cheese
1 tsp of minced garlic
1/4 tsp of paprika powder
1/4 tsp of onion powder
1/4 tsp of salt
Pinch of black pepper
4 medium chicken breasts (boneless/skinless)
Salt/pepper/garlic powder/paprika powder
2 tbsp of olive oil
1. Blanch broccoli florets for 3-4 minutes. Immediately drain and rinse with cold water. Chop florets into small pieces then measure out to 1 1/3 cup.
2. In a bowl combine all stuffing ingredients. Mix well to soften/incorporate the cream cheese until combined and mixture sticks together. Set aside.
3. Pre-heat oven to 425F.
4. Time to prepare the chicken breasts! Slightly pound each chicken breast on both sides with a meat mallet to thin out. Don’t over do it! If you do not have a meat mallet, use an empty wine bottle or even a rolling pin.
5. Create a pocket in the chicken breast by cutting a slit into the side of each piece, lengthwise. Do not cut all the way through/do not cut into the ends or this will separate the chicken.
6. Generously season both sides of each chicken breast with salt/pepper/garlic powder/paprika powder.
7. Stuff each chicken breast with filling. Ensure that the filling is not spilling out. Using 2-3 toothpicks secure the edges of the chicken pockets to hold the filling inside.
8. Stovetop heat olive oil in a large pan and sear chicken on medium heat, 4 minutes on each side.
9. Transfer chicken to baking dish. Cover with foil and bake for 17-19 minutes depending on size and thickness.